How will I pay for my post-secondary education?
According to the article, "Tips for Landing Free Money" by Linda White, millions of dollars of scholarships go unawarded every year due to a lack of applicants.The following tips are offered in the article:
1. Register on a scholarship website in Grade 11 to give yourself enough time to meet the scholarships requirements.
2. Be prepared. Many scholarships require letters of reference, resumes and other documents.
3. Make a short list. There are thousands of scholarships available. If you make a shortlist, you can determine if you are interested in applying.
4. Make contact with scholarship administrators. Even if you're not sure whether you meet the criteria for an award, it doesn't hurt to discuss your eligibility.
5. Apply. There is money available if you put the effort into finding it.
For a list of all available scholarships, use this link: DSBN
Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)
Details, as well as a grant and loan 'estimator' for the newly re-designed Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) are now available.
Use the link below to find out more:
There will be an OSAP application workshop: Friday, April 21st during period 3 in room 203
If you need additional support in getting your application started, this workshop is for you.Please sign up in the Guidance Office for this session.
There are helpful videos and tips on the 'Life After High School' website.
Click on the link to access:
Life After High School
The Ontario First Generation Bursary is funded by the Government of Ontario and distributed by publicly funded colleges of applied arts and technology and universities in Ontario. Applicants who are the first in their family to pursue a college/university education or apprenticeship may be eligible for an Ontario First Generation Student Bursary. Click here for First Generation Bursary
Other Online Resources
These awards are for our students--someone attending Collegiate is going to win!
The Kiwanis Scholarship is a $1000 prize guaranteed to a Collegiate grad. Come down to Guidance to pick up your application form. It is due May 30th!