Parents and Guardians of Collegiate Students:
Students will once again be using Career Cruising Course Planner for selecting their 2017/2018 courses on-line.
The Career Cruising Course Planner provides:
- »Online Course Information and Planning An organized, interactive way to learn about different courses available at our school. Students can select courses based on the careers or schools they have researched.
- »Pre-requisites Where applicable, parents and students can view the necessary pre-requisites for each course, to ensure they are selecting appropriate courses. Future course pathways will be visible as well.
- »Graduation Requirements The Course Planner tracks student achievement to ensure that requirements for graduation are being met.
Volunteer Hours are NOT tracked by Career Cruising. For an update of hours, please see Guidance Staff.
- Starting December 9th 2016, students will begin the on-line process in an intention sheet workshop. Students can also access the Course Planner from home.
- Please review your child’s selections taking into consideration the pathway for compulsory subjects (academic, applied, essential) and the elective choices.
- Once you are sure of these selections, press the SUBMIT tab and print a copy of the Course Selection Sign-off Sheet. (This process can take place at the school, parents can then review and indicate on the page if a change is required.)
We ask that students return this final Course Selection Sign-off Sheet (signed by both student and parent/guardian) to their Homeroom teachers on or before December 16th , 2016.
Here are a few instructions that should help the process:
Click on this link to the access e-learning website
There is a complete list and description of ALL courses available to students at each grade level. Use the blue ‘book’ icon on the course planner page.
- Students enter their computer username and password
- Click on the Career Cruising icon along the top bar.
- Choose the blue “choose my courses” tab on the left side
- Choose courses according to pathway and diploma requirements.
- You can click on the individual course codes for a course description, or click on the small blue book in the upper right side to read course descriptions. One course must be selected for each of the compulsory subjects. Two alternate electives are to be selected to complete the process.
- Blue dots indicate recommendations or notes for consideration. Red dots indicate a warning, such as a course selected without the proper prerequisite.
- Press the submit tab and your selections will be locked in place.
- At this point, your selections can only be altered with the help of an Guidance Counselor.
- Print and sign the form and return it to your home room teacher.
Do this on or before Friday, December 16th 2016
Please contact us if we can be of assistance at:
Collegiate Guidance – 905-687-7301, ext 65722 or 65732